In a few simple steps you will impress family & friends. So Let’s get Crafting!
What you will need:
Cardstock paper of your choice. I usually purchase the Christmas paper pads at Michaels. A mix of patterns and shimmer is always nice
1. Cricut Machine
2. Cricut pen colors of your choice
3. Double-sided tape or glue
4. Ribbon, string or any other embellishment you like
5. Standard Grip Mat (hint – it’s Green)
Ice Blue Snowflake Tag
The Cricut Classic Font Cartridge has gift tag shapes you can use; however, if you want to create your own shape, follow the steps below; IF you already have the tag shape, start with Step 7.
1. Open a new Cricut Project
2. Insert the square and hexagon shape
3. Resize the square to W 3 and H 5
4. Resize the hexagon to W 3 and H 2
5. Now line up the widest point of the hexagon to the top line of the rectangle
6. Weld the images
7. Duplicate your tag shape
8. Change the color of one of the shapes to distinguish between which will be the background and which will be upfront.
9. Resize the front shape to W 2.764 and H 4.768
10. Search Design Space for the snowflake you want to use. I used a snowflake from the Paper Christmas cartridge
11. Place the snowflake where you would like it to be; highlight both the shape and snowflake together and hit slice
12. Then remove the snowflake image and the sliced snowflake; you should now have the shape with a snowflake cut out at the bottom. If you put your 2 pieces back together, the back color should now come through
13. Insert a circle from shapes, resize to .25 and center at the top of the front shape with the snowflake cutout
14. Highlight the shape and circle together and hit slice; **remove only the top extra circle that was cut out. Move the front shape out of the way and you should have the back shape with a circle still at the top. Highlight both the circle and back shape and slice. Remove the cutout circles.
15. Insert the To: text on the front shape and select the color matching the Cricut Pen you will use to write it; I chose red. Make sure you select a writing font; each font will indicate whether it’s a writing font as well as a cutting font. Also make sure at the top you change
16. Highlight the shape and your text and hit attach; this will make sure it writes in that location
Voila! Once you hit Make It, you should see 2 mats representing the 2 color backgrounds you chose for your shapes.
Ornament Gift Tag
This is a simple ornament gift tag with a little snowflake pizzaz.
1.You can use gift tag from the Holly & Ivy cartridge or you can make your own shape. See video for instructions. My ornament is 5” in height.
2. Click on images and find the snowflake you would like to use and resize to fit inside your ornament; mine is 3.5” height – TIP – if you resize your height the width with automatically resize as well and vice versa
3. Duplicate your snowflake and resize to be 1 ½” smaller than the height of your large snowflake. Mine is 2”
4. Click on shapes and insert a circle
5. Insert text and type To: I use A Child’s Year Cricut Font. Make sure you have it set to writing and select the pen color you would like.
6. Click on the circle and the To: and group them together. Then highlight then again and click on attach so that you are sure the writing will be on your circle.
7. Place the circle on the side of your small snowflake and resize; my circle is 1.708”
Oh Joy! A great fun, festive gift tag
Now you can use the same steps we used to create the first gift tag and resize to make new gift tags. This tag is Width 4” and Height 4.678”. Here’s a fun, easy, glitzy reindeer.
1. Make sure to cut out the circle for your ribbon
2. Click on images and find a reindeer you like
3. I added a circle from shapes and cut out a red nose for it
4. I decided to use a pattern paper for background so I couldn’t write directly on it.
5. You can create a banner shape and write on that and glue it onto the background paper. **Make sure to change to writing and pick the color based on the pen you will use
6. Highlight the word To: and the shape and group; highlight them again and click attach.
And That’s it — 3 simple yet fun gift tags that will add a little personal touch to all of your gifts.
Remember, always Do What You Love, Love What You Do. If you have any questions, always feel free to contact me.